CPHT Hypnotherapy Training Centre
Tel: 01752 254042
Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD) Course
If you were instrumental in helping only one other human being to change their life for the better so dramatically that they said something like: "I really didn't realise how wonderful just being alive could be!" you'd feel pretty pleased for that individual.
As a hypnotherapist you will not be helping just one person, but scores, hundreds - even thousands - to that same sense of liberation and well-being.
The Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD) Course is of approximately 150 hours duration of classroom study (plus required reading) over a period of 10-12 months. Successful graduation leads to a full Diploma qualification (DHP) and the nationally accredited Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD).
The study materials for the course have been prepared and selected by David Newton and include 250,000 word course notes. Classroom tuition is in small groups of 16-18, ensuring the very best of personal attention for everybody, and our ongoing interest in our students extends beyond training into continuing professional support. On this course, you will learn not just hypnotherapy, but how to be thoroughly effective as a psychotherapist, too.
No experience is necessary as the training programme is professionally designed and written to give you a thorough and sound knowledge of the application of ethical clinical hypnosis and hypnotherapy, even if you have no previous experience of the field. The qualifications you receive allow you to easily obtain professional liability insurance; we will even introduce you to insurers who will provide it.
CPHT training is dedicated to providing the very best of personal tuition for every student, whether that student is studying at home or in our classroom. Classroom tuition is in small groups of 16-18 students, ensuring the very best of personal attention for everybody.
The tuition programme is conducted in a modular fashion and covers all that you need to know in order to start finding success just as soon as you are qualified. It is impossible to show you everything that is covered, so here is just an overview of what you will learn about and become familiar with.
• Hypnosis – Literally everything you need to know and the confidence to use it effectively and safely.
• Defining Hypnotherapy – Pre Erickson, Erickson and post Erickson. CBT, NLP and SFBT.
• Origins of psychology.
• The perspectives in psychology and the fields of psychology.
• How the mind works –
o The 'Intellectual' brain and the primitive 'emotional' brain.
o The creation of depression, anxiety and anger.
• Neuroscience and its applications.
• The clinical setting – how therapy progresses.
• How to help people quickly and comfortably with symptoms associated with depression and anxiety.
• How to deal successfully and effectively with fears, phobias and PTSD.
• Language patterns.
• The use of metaphor.
• The use of modern techniques including:
o The miracle question
• How to alleviate pain.
• Anti smoking therapy.
• Dealing with habits and substance abuse.
• An overview of analytical techniques.
• Dealing with all forms of difficulties caused by anxiety including: addictions, anger, blood pressure, blushing, lack of confidence, insomnia, IBS, relationship difficulties, migraine, nail biting, nightmares, obsessions (OCD), panic attacks, skin disorders.
• Personality – the three main personality groups and how to recognise them.
Methods of Hypnotherapy
The students will be made familiar with the three main methods of therapy used to aid patients:
Suggestion Therapy – a traditional treatment used to help with straightforward problems such as smoking, pre-test nerves, nail-biting etc. It makes use of the mind's heightened awareness and susceptibility to suggestions in order to make changes. you will learn on the course all you need to know about this therapy. In particular, you will be well drilled in anti-smoking techniques.
Brief or Solution Focused Based Therapy – the modern method which helps with a large range of symptoms. This therapy is concerned with helping people achieve what they want to in life. Solution orientated hypnosis is designed to awaken abilities that appear beyond a person's deliberate control. Training in SFBT at The Clifton Practice is intensive and thorough.
The courses are each complete in their own right, and you will always be able to rely on us for advice in your therapeutic endeavours whenever you need it. There are also periodical supervision meetings (mandatory for the first five years), to guarantee your continued success.
When learning a new skill, the quality of the training you receive is obviously very important. When there are too many teachers, maintaining a guaranteed quality of tuition is as difficult for a hypnotherapy school as it is in the 'standard' educational system. And when any one class is taught by several different tutors, then this problem becomes even more noticeable. On the other hand, if you have only one teacher, you may well find that you acquire a somewhat narrow view of the subject, thus hindering your future development.
Our training programme avoids these potential difficulties. First of all, David Newton himself carries out most of the tuition, ensuring that you acquire a sound 'central knowledge base' from a leading teacher/practitioner. Then visiting professionals present lectures and talks, ensuring that your expertise will be as well-rounded as possible.
In-house Week–end and Week–day Hypnotherapy Courses
Ten consecutive, monthly, intensive two-day weekend classes providing a total of 150 hours of tuition, coupled with a few more hours per week of home study – a reading list is provided along with a written course. There will be a requirement for a mid-course assessment during the training to assess your progress. At the end of your studies there will be a final assessment which includes a formal practical assessment.
Course dates - Intake Week day - Plymouth
Course dates - Intake Weekend - Plymouth
To be Updated
Call 01752 254042 or 01752 342124 to book your place on this course.
CPHT's high position in the hierarchy of UK schools inevitably necessitates a good deal of extra mural work by students. Because the work is interesting and often very enjoyable most people, even those in full time employment, are able to cope admirably. There is no doubt, however, that there is extra pressure on those attending the weekday course. It does require more 'out of hours' work in order to fulfil the obligations of the course.
We will also help students who come from afar with their travel and accommodation expenses. See fees discounted by postcode further below.
Posgraduate Support and Career Development
Graduates will be expected to remain in formal supervision for the first three years of their practice. This will be in group situations, and is invariably considered by ex-students to be both enjoyable and supportive. There is an ongoing Career Development Programme (CDP) in place at CPHT.
Senior Lecturer and Administrator:
David Newton DHP FAPHP MNCH MNCP SHS SQHP Sup Hyp
Stefanie Newton DHP MAPHP MHA NRAH Acc Hyp
Matthew Dyson MBA DHP MNCH(Reg) MAPHP MHS
Claire Brigg BSc(Hons) DHP MHS MNCH(Reg) MAPHP
Susan Ritson DHP HPD CBH MNCH(Reg) LAPHP
John Crawford DHP HPD MAPHP MHS MNCP
Pam Madden Bsc(Hons) DHP HPD LHS MNCH(Lic) LAPHP
Matthew Cahill DHP MAPHP(Reg) MNCH(Reg)
Academic Assessor and Researcher:
Matthew Dyson MBA DHP MNCH(Reg) MAPHP MHS
Hypnotherapy Course and Supervision Coordinator:
Susan Rodrigues DHP LHS LNCP MNCH(Lic) MAPHP
Exam Passes and Qualifications
Upon successful graduation from the Practitioner course you become eligible for membership of these accrediting organisations, as Licentiate of the Hypnotherapy Society, the National Council for Hypnotherapy, the National Council of Psychotherapists and the Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, and the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
You will be awarded a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (DHP) accredited by The Clifton Practice for the main professional organisations, and the Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD) accredited by the NCFE (Level IV). Our success rate is high and a reflection of the school endeavouring to be at the cutting edge of the latest techniques and methods in Hypnotherapy and our awareness of the latest research findings.
You will be entitled to use the letters 'DHP' (Diploma in Hypnotherapy, equivalent to the USA 'CHt.') after their name, as well as letters confirming their status within the main professional organisations in the UK.
In addition graduates are eligible for the Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma (HPD) a qualification instigated in 2002 and accredited jointly by the NCH and NCFE. HPD is the first formal and nationally accredited Diploma in Hypnotherapy. It is only available for students attending schools who have satisfied all the criteria laid down by the NCH and NCFE. HPD is the equivalent of Level IV.
Your professional letters, that you will be entitled to use after your name, are: DHP. HPD. LHS. LNCP. MNCH (Lic.) LAPHP. GQHP
These are explained below:
* DHP (Diploma in Hypnotherapy, equivalent to the USA 'CHt.')
* HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma)
* LAPHP (Licentiate membership of the Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy)
* LNCP (Licentiate membership of the National Council for Psychotherapists)
* MNCH(Lic) (Licentiate membership of the National Council for Hypnotherapy)
* LHS (Licentiate of the Hypnotherapy Society)
* GQHP (General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice awarded by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council)
The total cost of the In House programme is £2145.00 Sterling. Normally payment is via ten monthly instalments of £214.50 Sterling.
Students come to the course from all over the country. If you live outside Plymouth and have to stay in accommodation for one or more nights please make it clear on your application form. We can provide a discount on your fees and suggest reasonably priced hotels/guest houses. There is parking at CPHT for weekend students.
Fees discounted by postcode to Plymouth:
TR, EX, TQ
TA, DT, BS, BA
All other postcodes
Fees may be paid by credit card, cash, cheque or standing order(preferred method)
Funding – for information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit: www.direct.gov.uk/adultlearning or contact 0800 100 900.
And kindly note the small print:
* CPHT reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course if there are circumstances beyond our control. Obviously any fees paid will be repaid in full.
* CPHT reserves the right to remove a participant from the course because of incompatibility. This we would assume to be by mutual agreement and consent (thankfully this is a very rare occurrence.
* CPHT reserves the right to change the staffing of our course when there are reasons beyond our control.
* If for any reason the applicant does not attend the course after the interview the initial deposit will be refunded.
* Students may pay for tuition over the period of the course.
* The course fees for the HPD accreditation must be paid for in full even if a study day/weekend through no fault of their own is missed. (We of course will always do our best to provide catch-up time).